Saturday, March 1, 2008

Bought a Weber Kettle Gold

Well, I broke down and bought a Weber Kettle Gold today. A few weeks ago, I sold my beloved Kamado #5 because I wanted a grill/smoker with more capacity. I found an interested buyer before I found its replacement, so I went about 4 weeks without any grilling/smoking, which is a very long time at my house. I'm still researching and considering a Backwoods Smoker, Weber Smokey Mountain , or a Cajun Grill.

So, I decided to blog my adventures in bbq since I have learned so much from many other blogs and sites. I decided to do something new today. I grilled chicken and sausage today, but decided to make my own spice and sauce today instead of using Dizzy Dust (dizzypigbbq.com) and Kraft BBQ sauce. I found a Kansas City Sweet rub recipe and a rib glaze recipe. They both turned out pretty good. I'll definitely add them to my collection of recipes.

Although I've been grilling/smoking for a while, I'll need to get used to this kettle grill. It's handles a little different from my Kamado so it'll take a few more sessions to get comfortable with it.

No comments: