Saturday, March 8, 2008

Steak

We actually got snow here in the Dallas area this week (twice). It hasn't snowed in March in 60+ years, according to the weathermen. Must be global warming ;-).


It finally warmed up today, so I took the opportunity to throw a steak on the grill. Still trying to get used to this new grill so I will be ready for my big Memorial Day BBQ that I host.


I setup the grill for two heat zones (High and Low). I then dusted the meat with kosher salt and pepper and then marinaded in worcestershire for a few hours. I seared the steaks over the high heat for about 8-10 minutes and then moved them to the low heat to finished cooking. I like mine well done (I don't like to see blood in my meat). Turned out pretty good. Next time I should sear less to avoid the burnt spots. I will continue to blame this on the new grill. Surely it isn't the cook.


No comments: